You have enabled the Spotlight module within your Social instance. Users report that they do not see the Badge-related options within the Newsfeed Filter drop-down.
This behavior is most often due to a synchronization issue with the state of the modules within the database. In some rare situations, activating the module via the UI will not correctly update the database values.
- As a first step, Validate that the Spotlight Module is installed on Social.
- Navigate to Central Admin > System Settings > Manage Farm Features.
- Click Deactivate next to the following features:
- Newsgator Spotlight Installer
- Newsgator Spotlight Jobs
- Click Activate once again.
After the page has reloaded and the features are activated, return to the Newsfeed and verify that you are now seeing the User Badge filter options appear. If you continue to see trouble, please open a support ticket.